Thursday 31 August 2017

My friend overdosed

It was in the afternoon in June 2017 when I witness death.
I was sitting with my friends at the drug dealers place and a friend of mine which I haven't seen the whole day arrived.


"looked like he was sick and need a fix so quick"

When he arrived it looked like he was sick and need a fix so quick to make hum feel better. He bought four bags of nyoape (heroin), and he opened them all and put them in one package. We were all shocked by this. It was if he wanted to catch up with us who were smoking from morning, he wanted to inject himself this time which he had never done it before.

This time he wanting to inject himself because he wasn't feeling well at all and he wanted all these pains to go away quick. We were shocked on what he was about to do, we tried to stop him but instead he became aggressive and he told us that it was his life so we let him inject himself with a doze of four heroin bags which was an overdose.

"he wanted all these pains to go away quick"

So I and my other friends went on smoking, and we ignored him. He prepared everything and he started injecting himself. After he injected himself, he just went straight to dozing off and we though he was so high he dozed off. We carried on smoking for about 30 minutes, but I noticed that my friend wasn't waking up or talking and the injection with the needle was still injected in his arm. There was something wrong so I started shaking him and there was no response.

It was dark where we were sitting and I couldn't see, so I took a cellphone and I lightened his face and I saw there was mucus in his mouth. I tried to feel his pulse but there was nothing.

My friend was dead, my other friends ran away when they saw the mucus and I was left alone. I didn't want to believe that my friend had passed away, so I called the ambulance thinking that they might help him. I waited for the ambulance crying and people asking me whats wrong and I couldn't answer them. The ambulance came because the hospital wasn't far, they arrived and the paramedics told me to stand aside. After a few minutes of checking him they told me my friend was dead.

My friend was dead


I was shocked and scared thinking to myself what I'm going to tell his family. But after all he was my friend and U had to go tell his family. After telling his family I felt them hurting, went outside and told myself that this is a sign from GOD for my to quit what I'm using and focus on my life and future.

Today I still regret not stopping him, I say to my friend "Rest in Peace"

I'm clean today 

I know you're watching over me and I will always miss you




Written by a patient in the Aurora Centre July 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment